Examination, Passing Criteria and Rules for promotion
[Examinations (as per circular from Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Pune-411005,) Circular No. SB/BR.High.Sec/Exam./Dated 7-3-2007]
EVALUATION SCHEME FOR FYJC
(a) First Term internal test — 25 Marks. (Tutorials / MCQs / Unit / Seminars etc.)
(b) First Terminal Exam – 50 Marks.
(c) Second Term Internal Test – 25 Marks.
(d) Second Terminal Examination – 100 Marks.A Written Exam of 80 Marks in all Subjects except PE and EVSand Oral / viva /
- • practical of 20 Marks as follows in various subjects
- • English and Second Languages – Oral – 20 Marks
- • Maths and IT – Practical – 20 MarksO.C/ B.K/ Economics – Project for 15 Marks + Viva for 05 Marks
- • Results will be calculated based on the average of the marks obtained in (a), (b),(c) and (d) above i.e.(25+50+25+100)/2=
(100 + 100)/2 = 200/2 = 100(Total marks)
The Average of the marks scored out of 200/2 in each subject will be the final score gained by a student in that subject
In the subject of EVS, the evaluation pattern for each term shall be as follows
- • Project: 30 Marks
- • Seminar/ Journal Assignment: 20 Marks
- • Total marks out of 50
In the subject of Physical Education, the evaluation pattern shall be: Written examination of 50 Marks and practical examination of 50 Marks during the year. Students shall be graded for the same. It is compulsory to appear for both the exams.
Evaluation Scheme for S.Y.J.C
There will be one term end examination of 50 marks at the end of first term and one preliminary examination in the month of January.
Preliminary Examination will be of 80 marks in every subject:
- • Languages : 80 marks written test 20 marks orals
- • IT : 80 marks written test 20 marks Practicals
- • Maths/ Stats: 80 marks written test (40 marks each for Paper I and Paper II) and 20 marks Practicals.
Organisation of Commerce And Management and Book Keeping & Accountancy will have 20 marks board internal assessment which includes,15 marks project 05 marks viva
Economics will have 16 marks board project and 4 marks viva.
Languages will have 20 marks board orals and IT will have 20marks board Practical.
Health and Physical Education will have an exam of 100 marks Written exam: 50 marks practical: 50 marks
Environmental Education will have in first term,Journal/Seminar 20 marks Project: 30marks Out of 50 30 marks by Internal 20 marks by External (Marks will be shown in mark sheet, not graded.) The students will appear for HSC Board examination conducted in the month of February-March every year.